Saturday, March 4, 2023

2.0 Web Tool "Microsoft SharePoint"

2.0 Web Tool
"Microsoft SharePoint" 
 

 


    SharePoint is a highly customizable collaboration tool that promotes work productivity and information sharing via a web-based system using internet or intranet, that work teams can access using various devices.  
 

 
    Using SharePoint is easy. It is normally accessed as a web page. User sign-in is a requirement (for security reasons). After access is gained to the SharePoint, the user will see a webpage that is setup by the creator to meet the organization’s needs. Just click on the links related to your work tasks. 



    SharePoint can be very useful for a University like Stockton University. Professors can collaborate, organize and share access to important university web links, documents, and calendars. It is also a very helpful tool in my Human Services career. I can manage company calendars, mission statements, submit feedback for polls and surveys, and share resources with other agencies.
 
    What I like most about SharePoint is that I can access it from any device and it is highly customizable.
 
Please click on the video below to learn more about SharePoint: 


 

16 comments:

  1. I liked your smackdown because SharePoint is a tool that I have never heard of. I had no idea how popular this tool actually was, with 200 million users. It seems like it is a very useful site for both students and employees to help collaborate and organize material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of SharePoint before and since I am starting to use Microsoft more often I will have to give it a chance. I also thought it was very interesting that you can access it through any platform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angelika, before your smackdown I never knew about Microsoft Sharepoint. But after reading and viewing your presentation, I am not informed and educated on this platform. I like how customizable this tool really is. People can explore and creatively create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this platform before, but I think you did a great job at shedding light on how it works and how useful it is. It is also interesting to see how a tool I have never used before is so popular. I can’t wait to see how I am able to incorporate this into my future and even now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of SharePoint and your presentation showing how you navigate the application is great. I like that it can be used with word and other Microsoft applications, but I wonder if there are some pros and cons since it is very similar to Google Doc applications, and which are easier to use, and maneuver through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angelika I liked your presentation because it was new for me. I have never heard of Sharepoint but it sounds really elaborate as it has even higher ups from the federal government use it as well. Sounds like a great network for companies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of SharePoint, so thanks for sharing Angelika. Seems like it has a lot of features from file shares, to website management. I like how the homepage is customizable too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angelika, I had never heard of SharePoint before, but after watching your presentation, I realized how important it is. I plan to use the platform because the features appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Angelika, SharePoint is one of the apps I use at work. It is an excellent tool for extensive cooperation. SharePoint is convenient for storing, organizing, and sharing. Great app.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello angelika, i reallty enjoyed you project. this app seems like a well organnized and popular app. i never heard of sharepoint but it seems like it can help with alot of majors and help expand on ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angelika! I really enjoyed your presentation. It's much more engaging and informative than the trainings I've had on the tool. I really like the showcase of the beautiful pages and how much information a Sharepoint page can fit.

    ReplyDelete

  12. Hey Angelika! I never heard of SharePoint before, your smackdown was my first introduction to this webtool. I thought your smackdown was a good first impression of SharePoint and was very well put together. I had no idea that the US military and Governments used SharePoint.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Angelika, I liked your presentation, it was the first time I had ever head about SharePoint and learned what it is and what it can be used for. I probably wont use it though because Im leaning more towards all the things google can do but it was still cool to learn about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angelika, Although i have never heard of sharepoint you made it very interesting and informative. It looks easy to use and is also a tool i could use in my office. That way we can all be in communication. I also like that it can be used as an organizational tool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Angelika, I have heard of Sharepoint many times around the classroom but never really researched it on my own to find out what it is. Even if it is not free, I feel like this app can boost productivity and promote businesses to collaborate more with their team. If multiple people can work on a single document, naturally it will get done quicker.

    ReplyDelete

Final Thoughts

I am just about finished with the “Exploring Your Digital Portfolio” class. It was not as easy as I had originally thought (lol).    What...