Sunday, January 29, 2023

Blog Assignment #1, GEN 2243

 

I am currently working as a Human Service Specialist serving residents of our county with resources needed to better their lives. When I started about 14 years ago, our technology in regards to social media and available connections provided was very underdeveloped. For example, years ago, there was hardly any communication between the different counties within the state even though they all are required to follow regulations. This made my job much harder.

Of course, back then I did not realize how much harder it was for people like me to provide services to the community without having a connection with other counties and other Human Service Specialists like me. Or maybe I should say I knew the job was tough but I did not know what could “ ease the pain”.  Now I know. All that was needed was a “plug” from one county to the other. Suddenly case workers from all over the state – heck, even between states- were able to exchange information and ideas and with it much needed resources were explored and improved.

  A whole new world opened up to me when we all started to connect with each other. This is what I believe the authors Sheryl Nussbaum -Beach and Lani Ritter Hall described in chapter two of their book “The Connected Educator”.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to benefit from this modern world of online connections. Even as someone who grew up around technology, it can be very confusing and frustrating at times. It is good to know that people from older generations are able to adapt and improve their resources using connections, allowing these communities to share helpful information with each other using modern technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this world has become a lot more connected with the ever-advancing technology connecting person to person, state to state, and country to country like you said and I'm glad that it is making your job easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your mention of the evolution of technology and how it used to be so new and undeveloped. I cant even comprehend how different countries used to communicate without the internet. I grew up with a iPod and tablet, This was when I was still in elementary school. I am very happy the evolution of technology and the advancement of devices made your job easier.

    ReplyDelete

Final Thoughts

I am just about finished with the “Exploring Your Digital Portfolio” class. It was not as easy as I had originally thought (lol).    What...